Sunday, September 13, 2015

 I recently went on a mushroom foraging trip.
These first pictures are of a Giant Puffball [Calvatia Gigantea] found by my dad when he tripped over it, intending to find somewhere to piss.




 Cut in half, it's spongy and completely solid. If it's solid white all the way through (as it is here), then it's perfectly ripe for eating.






 These are as of yet unconfirmed to be Chanterelle mushrooms [Cantharellus Cibarius], but I'm very hopeful they are. Right now, they're in my freezer waiting for when I decide to eat them (provided they are Chanterelles).



 This is a Fly Agaric mushroom (Amanita Muscaria). Renowned for being the model for the mushrooms in Mario, the European variant is famously hallucinogenic. However, this is the American variant, which is not hallucinogenic; So, if any cops are reading this, don't worry.


 From here on are pictures of unidentified mushrooms that were interesting finds.










 I suspect that this might be a Bolete, but my amateur nature in the field of mycology means I can't quite identify it.


And, to end off, here is a picture of myself preparing the Giant Puffball for eating later. (It was delicious.)

No comments: